Accepted Insurance Plans
We are proud to accept most plans from the following insurance companies. For information on whether we accept your plan, please refer to the plan provider directory for your insurance company or call us at 801-429-2000 to talk to a member of our Billing staff.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Educators Mutual
- Select Health
Our licensed enrollment specialists are available to help individuals apply for Medicaid, CHIP, and the Health Insurance Marketplace. Our goal is to help children and families obtain affordable Health Insurance. These services are free to all Mountainlands patients.
Why Should I Have Health Insurance
No one plans to get sick or hurt, but most people need medical care at some point. Health insurance covers these costs and offers many other important benefits.
1. Health insurance protects you from unexpected, high medical costs.
It’s easy to underestimate how much medical care can cost. Having health coverage can help protect you from high, unexpected costs like:
- Fixing a broken leg can cost up to $7,500
- The average cost of a 3-day hospital stay is around $30,000
- Comprehensive cancer care can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars
- You pay less for covered in-network health care, even before you meet your deductible.
Insurance companies negotiate their rates with providers and you’ll pay that discounted rate. People without insurance pay, on average, twice as much for care.
- You get free preventive care, like vaccines, screenings, and check-ups, even before you meet your deductible.
If you’re not enrolled in an insurance plan you don’t get these important free benefits, which can identify disease early and support good health.
- If you have a Marketplace plan or other qualifying coverage, you don’t have to pay the fee that many people who don’t have coverage must pay.
If you don’t have coverage in 2017, you’ll pay the higher of these two amounts:
2.5% of your yearly household income. (Only the amount of income above the tax filing threshold, about $10,000 for an individual, is used to calculate the penalty.) The maximum penalty is the national average premium for a bronze plan.
$695 per person for the year ($347.50 per child under 18). The maximum penalty per family using this method is $2,085.
The Marketplace website helps people without health coverage enroll in a high-quality plan. When you apply we’ll tell you if you qualify for:
- Open enrollment for 2018 is open November 1 through December 15, for coverage beginning January 1, 2018. You can compare plans and find out what your costs will be before you enroll. You may even qualify for savings – most people do! Call to schedule an appointment with one of our Certified Application Counselors. For our Provo and Payson locations, call 801-429-2000. For our Vernal location, call 435-545-5175.
- A health insurance plan with savings based on your income. Most people who apply qualify for premium tax credits that lower the costs of coverage. All plans cover essential health benefits, pre-existing conditions, and preventive care.
- Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). These programs provide free or low-cost coverage to millions of families with limited income. No deadlines: You can apply for Medicaid and CHIP any time of year. If you qualify, coverage can begin immediately.
To be eligible for health coverage through the Marketplace, you:
- Must live in the United States
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national (or be lawfully present). Learn about eligible immigration statuses.
- Can’t be currently incarcerated.
If you have Medicare coverage, you’re not eligible to use the Advanced Premium tax credit to buy a health or dental plan in the the Marketplace.