The purpose of Men’s Health Month is to heighten the awareness of preventable health problems and encourage early detection and treatment of diseases among men and boys. Encourage the men and boys in your life to seek regular medical advice and early treatment for disease and injury.
Men’s Health Quiz
1. What age should you begin having your cholesterol checked regularly?
2. How often should you have your blood pressure checked?
a. every 5 years
b. once a month
c. every two years
d. every ten years
3. At what age should you be screened for colorectal cancer?
4. If you have high blood pressure or high cholesterol, what other disease should you be screened for?
5. Body mass index, which is a measure of body fat based on height and weight, is used to screen for which condition?
d. none of the above
6. If you are a man between the ages of 65 and 75 and have ever smoked more than 100 cigarettes, which condition should you be screened for?
a. abdominal aortic aneurysm
c. prostate cancer
d. all of the above
7. How many minutes of moderate physical activity – at a minimum – should you aim for most days of the week?